Iubirea Mea

These nights without You are lonely, dark and cold,
As I replay the moments with You, new and old,
Silent tears fall down my cheek,
Few more tears and then an uncontrollable squeak.


I seek for my hands in the dark, the hands that You once held.
“Wednesday” is pronounced differently from how its spelled.
I wrap myself in my arms, remembering Your warm embrace,
Remembering the moments, I kneeled down to tie your shoelace.

 
November 11 2017, Suncheon, Our first trip, a duet,
Splendid was the day, walking with You, watching the sunset,
To keep You warm when the cold chilly dusk slowly started to creep in,
I asked to hold Your hand, a nuance attempt, to touch Your soft skin.

 

Nights in November and December, We stayed outside for hours,
Listening to You playing your guitar, watching the meteor showers.
One of those nights, a rare star fell down, from the night sky
To Her sweet lips, the perfect moment neither of Us could deny.

 

Together, We explored parks, streets, cities and the sea.
At coffee shops, You would order coffee, I would order tea.
In Boseong, I remember how happy You were when You saw the ocean,
Applying sunscreen (not sunscream zz) lotion, waves of love in motion.

 

After class, holding Your hands, I’d walk You to Your room.
We took pictures in the garden where the roses bloom.
Sitting in the pavilion, a lady gave Us a bell pepper fruit.
Tears and sadness on Your face do not at all suit.

 

Once, We waited for hours, for a bus that did not arrive,
To a different place, with a taxi ahjussi We took the drive.
That was one of the times when our trip went south,
Perhaps, You were longing for words of solace from my mouth.

 

Desperate, helpless, You turned to cry,
I couldn’t be the guy on whom You could rely.
Tears on Your face brought tears in mine.
With You, I always felt like I was on cloud nine.

 

I remember playing basketball and ping-pong with you,
You’d hit the ball with love and I’d return it with love too.
Forget the count or the score,
Love was in play, on the floor.


I remember that day in October, when T-Express we rode.
And the letters and poems about me You wrote.
With You, I’ve found courage to do things I never dared,
Life without You, is the one thing that I am, frighteningly scared.

 

One evening, as We were walking, a beautiful light snow began to fall.
Another day, my silent stalker wandered around to see me play football.
At restaurants, I would feed you from my spoon.
Whenever I’m with you, time flies too soon.

 
Together We’ve shared so many smiles and cries.
Every morning I wish to wake beside you and see the sunrise.
Together, You and I have so much grown,
You elated feelings in me, I’ve never known.


Preparing food, we’d argue about the condiments and spices to keep
What is the taste of watermelon like, when in salt you dip?
When awkward silences struck, that I couldn’t bear,
You would break the ice and calm my fear.


You’d often take my arms in yours and call it “mine”
Never did they fail in bringing onto my face, a subtle shine.
You touched my soul and took me to a place anew,
Moments I’ll never experience, that I spent once with you…

 

 

Comments

  1. wrote this piece in December 2019, when I was with Ana. She knows about this poem. She was the first one I shared the poem with. Maybe I was scared to share with other people. But I want to let people know that I was in love, deeply and still do. Although being together with her is not what I must have. I wish and pray for her happiness in all steps of life. hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts